Monday 3 May 2010

Bank Holiday Baking

Well, here we are: May Day bank holiday weekend. Crikey. That means it's only one month until my finals. That's right, I said it - FINALS. So what did I do? I baked.
This is what I came home from the supermarket with on Saturday morning. BEAUTIFUL.

So, as you might have also notice, it rained all weekend. Non stop. So I was totally justified in my bake-a-thon, I'm sure! And I always bake on Sundays anyway so...!


I didn't actually make this one. This Beetroot and Seed Cake was made by one of my housemates, and I got the recipe from the lovely people at Leafi, who do the catering at my university but also have fantastic restaurants all over London. Check them out, seriously. (If you can get their Brazilian Carrot Cake it's my absolute favourite thing ever.)

I did, however, make these:

Oops.

That's A LOT of GIANT cookies. But boy are they good!
The recipe is from the ever-brilliant Joy the Baker, and I also made her S'more Brownies but for some reason didn't take a photo, and of course they're all gone now!!

So, that is what I did. Not revising, cooking. Lush.

No comments:

Post a Comment