Tuesday 4 May 2010

Manifesto


So I realize that I haven’t yet told you what this is all about, although you may have already guessed! And so, as a general election grips the nation, here's my own manifesto...

I am currently in the last term of my last year of my undergraduate degree at a college of the University of London. I lived in halls in my first year, but for the last two years of living in a real house (actually, I only live in a real house now, last year I lived in a split-level apartment for half the year and a tiny flat for the other half of the year), I have cooked from scratch every* single day. I have never, ever, ever met anyone who has any use for a “Student Cookbook” of any variety, or who lives off baked beans. I completely believe that there is no student out there who doesn’t want to be eating real food, cheaply, every day.
But how? So many people ask me how I manage to come up with great meals and can still afford to go clothes shopping and go out clubbing. Well, that’s what this is all about: I want to show you how to make the most of your ingredients; how to come up with loads of different meal ideas from just a small amount of shopping; and how cooking really tasty and healthy food can not only be easy to do, but also easy to fit into your day – I’m revising for my finals, writing my dissertation, and still cooking from scratch. A healthy body equals a healthy mind, right? So ditch the convenience food, takeaways and ready meals, and join me in my adventure finding Food for Finals.

1 comment:

  1. Luncinda, I totally agree with your philosophy on food. Everybody deserves and should eat real food. And it is doable!

    Have a fabulous evening!

    Nisrine

    ReplyDelete